[hpsdr] TX monitor TX sampling

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 10 17:58:33 PST 2013

Hi All,
I added an additional 30 dB pad on my set up to drop the levels down. the display looks cleaner and there is plenty of signal to see
all the distortion. Tom, I would put a 50 ohm resistor to ground at your pick up stub to normalize 50 ohms to your coax. I bet this will make it cleaner. I'm presently using hermes but I'm sure mercury will function the same.
This is such a useful tool. Displays like this will force the rice box makers to clean up their act. Oh wait I bet nobody has this function. Too hard to add the hookus pookus 6 dB. Frank WA1GFZ