[hpsdr] Janus as sound card

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Mon Feb 4 12:48:30 PST 2013

No, Ozy support has not been dropped.  Not at all!

The latest version of Ozy firmware is v2.4 and is provided automatically with the latest versions of PowerSDR, for example.

As an example of current activity affecting Ozy, I am working on Metis/Ozy/Magister/Mercury/Penny(Lane) firmware revisions that all use newly written I2C modules in the FPGAs to perform numerous functions via the I2C bus lines A20/A21 on Atlas including:

- initialization of Penny(Lane) TLV320,
- firmware version extraction from Mercury(s) and Penny(Lane),
- continuously updating MIC/LINE-IN selection and MIC GAIN and LINE-IN GAIN values, and
- continuously updating FWD/REV/ALC values from Penny(Lane) and ADC overload status from multiple Mercury boards,

even as we speak.  The revision work is being done to free up entirely several Atlas bus lines for other uses instead of being dedicated to the items listed above as they are now, something that has needed doing for quite some time now.

Note that because of the presence of the FX2 microprocessor on Ozy/Magister, the two boards present more of a challenge for this task  than the other boards so it is likely that firmware revisions for the other boards will be made available before the new code for Ozy/Magister is completed; but I, for one, have committed to working on the solution for Ozy/Magister even if it takes several months to complete the job.

73,  Joe K5SO