[hpsdr] Using Mercury to monitor final amplifier transmit signal

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Wed Feb 6 19:37:00 PST 2013

Hi Tom,
check out the principle of "pre-distortion linearization" that is being
developed right now for new SDR equipment:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predistortion

note that the Hermes design includes various Analog to Digital
conversions as auxiliary inputs for all kind of measurements.

Looks like we Hams are on the very leading edge of some fantastic new
FPGA and computer code to improve our transmitted signals <g>

GL de Ken N9VV
P.S. Pre-distortion has been around for >50 years in the Analog world :-)