[hpsdr] Using Mercury to monitor final amplifier transmit signal

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Feb 7 07:16:21 PST 2013

Tom,

As I realize that my description of how to connect directional couplers may not have been as clear as I intended, here is a diagram showing how to connect three couplers to achieve the required amount of attenuation for Mercury.  In the case that the directional couplers are microwave couplers each coupler will have much more attenuation than is shown in this diagram so only two need be used to obtain the required attenuation.

http://k5so.com/coupler_connections.pdf

73,  Joe K5SO