[hpsdr] Residual noise in SSB mode TX...with no input connected

Doug W5WC w5wc at windstream.net
Sat Feb 9 21:19:09 PST 2013

Hi Paul,

You might try adjusting the 'Line In Gain'. You will find this control on
the Setup=>Transmit page.

This adjusts the hardware preamp that's on your Penny board and it will
affect the SNR. The Mic Gain can be adjusted from -40dB to +40dB. The
controls you see to the left of the 'Mic In' and 'Line In' sets the maximum
and minimum levels you can adjust the console slider to. A blue 'MIC' button
means the transmit audio chain is muted.

73, Doug
W5WC