[hpsdr] A few questions

Helmut, DC6NY dc6ny at gmx.de
Mon Feb 18 00:10:57 PST 2013

Hi Conrad, hi Phil,

I‘m successfully operating a 2m homebrew transverter using a +13dBm
Mini-Circuits ADE-25 mixer for rx/tx path, a 3-pole Temwell helical BPF and
some MMICs with Hermes but also with Mercury/Penelope/Metis. I prefer Hermes
due to minimal spurs on 10m IF.

As Phil mentioned low  phase noise of the transverter LO is most important
for the total performance. It’s a really good idea to use the 122.88 Mc also
as LO for the transverter.  If there is interest enough it should be no big
deal to design a PCB.

73, Helmut, DC6NY