[hpsdr] cuSDR and Multiple Receivers

Hermann hvh.net at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:37:11 PST 2013

Hi Rick, All,

thanks a lot for trying cuSDR !

Re the multiple sound output: it should not need too much of CPU power to
run more than one audio demodulator. After all, if its SSB there are no
computing cycles at all ;-)

7 receivers we have currently only running on the Angelia Alpha
firmware/board (3+4 on 2 ADCs), so standard currently is 4 Rx @ 384 kHz or
5 Rx @ 192 kHz on Hermes.

It should be no problem (once I've finally implemented some sort of VAC) to
feed a Dolby Surround 5.1 system with all the audio (or just left and right
on a 2-way-system). I would get crazy, for sure. And what could be done
very easily I guess is to return all audio data to Mercury/Hermes/Angelia
and increase the volume level of the 'current' receiver a bit. I will try
this and report later.

Still a lot of work to do....

73, Hermann
DL3HVH