[hpsdr] Kiss Konsole suddenly stops; sync color = red (also PowerSDR problem...)

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sun Jan 6 11:36:25 PST 2013

Dear Johan,

So I think that your problem is that you SHOULD NOT have updated the driver!  You should
be using the version of the LibUSB driver that comes with the installer for KISS (or
PowerSDR).

I'm happier that we've established that this is NOT a 'KISS Konsole' problem, because then
I don't need to build a Windows 8 machine to solve the problem! (don't really have the
time, nor a spare machine right now, and a Virtual Machine won't work for this, or most
USB issues.)

You will have to uninstall the LibUsb driver that you installed, and replace it with the
one that OpenHPSDR distributes and NOT use the driver that you installed.  It's NOT the
right version, unfortunately.  You must use the driver that OpenHPSDR distributes.  There
is no guarantee that KISS or PowerSDR is compatible with any later version.  In fact, I
can likely say that it is not!  And I think that you have demonstrated this.

73,
George K9TRV