[hpsdr] Penelope external amp ALC help

Paul radioboy at telus.net
Tue Jan 15 10:16:08 PST 2013

Hi Guys,

My first post here. I have a complete HPSDR system on the way, Alex,
Penelope, Atlas etc. and have a question about using an external amplifier.
I am planning on using my Collins HF-8020 autotune PA with this. It needs
100mW input for 1KW output. Should be a perfect match. I have read thru the
PowerSDR manual and the Penelope manual and can't seem to find anything for
using an external ALC voltage to control the output of Penelope. I know each
bands' power output can be preset in the software but I would like to have
some safety built in and use the ALC voltage from the Collins to control the
Penelope.

Am I missing something or is there a way to do this?

Cheers and thanks!

Paul

VE7KHz