[hpsdr] TX IMD

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 18 15:09:51 PST 2013

When you look at a signal on Hermes and Mercury and see IMD distortion it is X dB down. What you see is the real number.
I don't agree with the commercial method claiming another 6dB for PEP. The distortion should also get another 6dB in my view so you end up with the same number. The Mil Method checks IMD at 6dB below max power (3dB on an average power meter) Then  the IMD is the difference between IMD and carrier peak on the display.
Funky specs are for rice boxes.....Frank WA1GFZ