[hpsdr] Kiss Konsole suddenly stops; sync color = red

George Byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sun Jan 6 07:26:00 PST 2013

Dear John PA3GSB,

Unfortunately, we don't do much (any) testing on Windows 8.  I don't have a system with
that installed, and didn't really plan to do so, especially for USB problems.

That said, I think the 'thread has exited' message may be more problematic, unless it is
present when the unit starts working, but before the error occurs, and the error -5 on the
first write-to-Ozy failure is problematic (error 5 would usually be 'file not found').

Are you running under Visual Studio 2010?

Is 'Pen' Penelope or PennyLane? (or even PennyWhistle, but that's less likely...)

What was the source for LibUSB0 that you installed on your Windows 8 system?

Have you tried PowerSDR, and if so, does it have the same issue?

73,
George K9TRV
KISS Konsole maintainer