[hpsdr] Hermes/Penelope/PenneLane Tx Noise?

John radio at mediacombb.net
Sat Jan 19 16:43:26 PST 2013

Years ago I used to measure IMD on Collins equipment.  Their specs at
that time were always in dB below each of two equal tones.  If you think
about it the peak of the envelope with only two equal tones is twice
each tone peak value, so Collins spec was more conservative than other
manufacturers of that time.

In those days the spectrum analyzer and two tone oscillators took up a
full single bay rack (on wheels) called a 478R-1.

John  WoGN