[hpsdr] Mercury as VHF Receiver

Helmut, DC6NY dc6ny at gmx.de
Wed Jul 31 07:31:58 PDT 2013

Hi ,

I did some tests with undersampling: For this purpose I bypassed the
antialiasing LP on one of my Mercuries and added an external helical BP
together with a low noise high OIP3 preamp. Selecting 122,9 MHz LO offset
plus error correction in the XVTR settings the entire 2m band can be
perfectly received. Stop-band attenuation in this preliminary experiment was
only around 80 dB, but can be certainly improved.
Moreover I think it makes sense to generate possibly the 2m-TX-signal with a
simple analog up-converter to get a complete 2m TRX without the classic
transverter configuration.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

73, Helmut, DC6NY