[hpsdr] Hermes J16 right speaker polarity

John Ackermann jra at febo.com
Wed Jul 31 12:42:55 PDT 2013

I've been warned that the J16 pinout on the Hermes schematic does not
match reality, and to use the photo on page 13 of the Hermes guide instead.

The guide indicates that pins 14 and 15 are the right speaker output,
but doesn't show their polarity.  I'd like to wire so that the the two
speakers are in phase.

Per the schematic, J27 (left speaker) has puts + on the tip, and - on
the ring, with sleeve open.  Is this correct on the assembled board?

Does anyone know which of pins 14 and 15 are positive and negative so I
can match the polarity for the right speaker?  From the Hermes
schematic, I'm guessing that pin 15 is positive and pin 14 is negative.
  But see the top of this message. :-)

Thanks,

John