[hpsdr] mRX Transverter Broken

Nige G7CNF g7cnf.nige at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 23:32:23 PDT 2013

Hi.

It was suggested to me that this was the place to bring this up.

I've just got round to connecting up my transverter to the 100D. Being
intimately familiar with Flex Psdr I quickly set up the transverter form
and enabled on button 2. To my surprise nothing came out - or rather I
got what looks like an unterminated noise floor. I checked and
re-patched and even tested on my FT-817 to make sure something wasn't
wrong with the transverter. It was OK. Frustrated, I went hunting
through the setup form and found on the tab for Ant/Filters, the
checkboxes for the RX routing. When checking XVTR box against 10m I do
indeed get the I.F. from the transverter. However, if I then go back to
HF and use 10m, I have to go back to the form and uncheck that box
before I have normal 10m RX, rather than the transverter I.F.  When one
selects a band which uses the a transverter, surely the RX routing
should follow suit? Still on transverters, I note that the RX Gain
function doesn't work. This is a particularly useful feature which
allows one to 'calibrate out' a transverter high RX IF output, allowing
one to have a 'normal' signal meter / panadapter /AGC range.

Regards,

Nige.