[hpsdr] Having trouble with Hermes board. Software doesn't find eth0

Jim Lynch jim at k4gvo.com
Sat Jul 20 05:30:40 PDT 2013

On 07/19/2013 09:23 PM, Dave Larsen wrote:
> Jim --
>
> I noticed that your linux system does not list a ipv4 address, our
> code is still in the ipv4 world and has not migrated to ipv6 so I
> suggest you have both ipv4 and ipv6 and then HPSDRProgrammer should
> find the Hermes board and it should respond.
>
> By the way, I am the person working on HPSDRProgrammer V2 and I do the
> development on a linux Mint box. I am currently on Mint 15 and Qt5.1.
>
> Dave KV0S
Hi, Dave,

So I put an address of 10.0.0.8 on eth0, Ran HPSDRProgrammer and found
the board, more or less.  I did a discover from the boot loader tab and
found the IP address was 255.255.255.255.  I changed it to 10.0.0.2 and
wrote it.  I powered the Hermes off/on and ran HPSDRProgrammer again and
read the ip address and sure enough, it set the IP address apparently.

After a few frustrating hours, I finally realized I had to take the
jumper off of J12.  Then ping worked and eventually 2 of 3 programs worked.

Next I brought up QtHPSDRServer.  It also found the eth0 card.  And when
I set it to auto and restarted it,  it and QtSDRServer came up running.
But when I started QtRadio it got a connection refused on localhost port
10801, which makes sense since nothing is listening to that port.  The
server is listening on 10800.

Ghpsdr and cuSDR64 both work!!!!

Thanks,
Jim.