[hpsdr] Win 7 64bit and VAC???

Neal Campbell nealk3nc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 15:51:34 PDT 2013

The whole issue is based on the fact that Windows will designate the
default output device and the communications default device based on the
last sound card that Windows sees. This is coded this way so, for instance,
if you plug in your USB headset, you can start using it without having to
learn how to set the default communications device for recording and
playback.

However, if you are expecting these devices to stay assigned to whatever
you set them to, you are going to be disappointed!

You might see some systems that actually add 3 or 5 VAC cables to their
system (I do this on all the computes I sell) because Windows will choose
VAC cable 5 for the default device or default communications device so its
not an issue for powerSDR.

Anyway, take a look at flexradiowiki.com. This wiki has some typical setup
instructions in order to get you going,

73