[hpsdr] Test equipments for munin

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Sat Jun 1 00:25:10 PDT 2013

Hi Tony.

You will need a signal source with at least 100-200 mW output and a step
attenuator. This is without the first amplification stage installed.

If you install T5 and all components around it marked DNI, then you need
only 10 mW (10 dBm) for full output. That means you can use a normal
Signal Generator with + 13 dBm output.

You also need a Dummy Load and a Power Meter.

To test for linearity, you can set the SG to AM and 95-100% modulation.
100W Peak Envelope Power is achieved when a Power Meter in the output
shows 25W; ie, the PEP is 4 times the carrier output at 100% modulation.

You also need an Oscilloscope with at least the same bandwidth as the PA
(>50 MHz).

And you need a Voltmeter and a Power Supply with a good current meter.

Good luck,
73, Kjell

Sendt med Operas e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/mail/