[hpsdr] Improving utilty of RX2

Clyde Washburn k2ue at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jun 2 15:43:58 PDT 2013

I am very happy with my 100D, and the 3.0.16 software, but there are several things preventing effective use of RX2;

I bought the unit to put a Pixel Pro-1B loop on RX2, but after hearing suggestions on how to use it, I conclude that attention could
to be paid to actual useful scenarios.  If you are NOT doing true diversity, i.e. antennas with similar characteristics, but
spatially varied, then you may not know which will be best at a particular azimuth and set of atmospheric conditions.  Now you could
use either panadapter or waterfall to find the "winner", but once you have made that decision you would really like BOTH for the
chosen receiver.  And where azimuth is a factor, the next desired station may be on the OTHER receiver, so it needs to be easy to
swap the arrangements.  Some things are a problem that don't need to be like panafall revering to panadapter when RX2 is switched
off.  I'd like to see buttons for BOTH RX1 and RX2, so I can use either panadapter or waterfall on BOTH, and then pick the winner -
and have it REMEMBER the last display choice on that display alone.  That supposes that we will not get panafall on both, which
would be the ideal, along with RX1 & RX2 buttons.

With great respect for the software writers,

Clyde Washburn, K2UE

k2ue at rochester.rr.com

82 Lasalle Pkwy

Victor, NY 14564-9610