[hpsdr] pin diode switching

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 4 15:08:55 PDT 2013

I would add a second pin to short the input of the RX to ground in TX just in case the series diode fails.
Maybe a fuzable link in series. I would hate to dump 100 watts or more into the RX path. Pins might give 40 db of isolation on a good day with clean layout. trr wants to be around 2us for good performance on 160M. I've also used slow power supply diodes in RX switching circuits. Reverse off voltage needs to be higher than TX peak voltage plus some for any VSWR.
Frank WA1GFZ