[hpsdr] PowerSDR v2.2.9 dual Rx diversity do I need to downgrade Firmware?

Bernd Gasser bernd.gasser at tele2.at
Tue Jun 18 03:20:08 PDT 2013

Hi all,

can anyone give me some pointers whether I need to downgrade FW to enable
diversity RX?

I was trying to setup my Atlas based HPSDR-TRX for diversity reception.
Some time ago I had upgraded FW on all boards to latest versions as I used
to run PowerSDR_mRX_v3.0.17.0.

Now I tried to run 'PowerSDR v2.2.9 dual Rx diversity' after downloading the
latest SW-version but it returns an error about invalid FW and hangs.
Disabling FW-check also didn't help.

I updated initozy.bat to load latest Ozy_Janus_v2.5.rbf to be FW-compatible
with other boards. - PowerSDR v2.2.9 dual Rx diversity now complains again
about invalid FW. With disabled FW-check it starts up but doesn't show the
second RX... - so no diversity reception. :-(

Before disassembling the HW and  downgrading FW on all  the boards again, I
wanted to ask if there is a later release of 'PowerSDR v2.2.9 dual Rx
diversity (26 Jan 2013)'  which is compatible with current (latest)  FW? -
With downgrading FW I'm probably losing capability to run PowerSDR_mRX and
wanted to avoid that as this really has nice features.

Thanks,

Bernd/OE1ACM

my current setup with FW:

2 x Mercury      Mercury_3.4.rbf