[hpsdr] Metis step attenuator hang-up

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Wed Jun 26 11:47:49 PDT 2013

John,
     I have a different RX2 S-ATT problem with PowerSDR 3.1.5 and
Angelia/ANAN-100D at times.  When it occurs I can change bands and then
hit the TUNE button, the RX2 S-ATT goes from 0 to -31 as expected, but
when I hit the tune button again to cease tuning, RX2 S-ATT drops to
-20, not 0 as expected.  Seems to happen consistently when changing from
20 meters to 40 meters and then hitting the tune button with 3.1.5, but
previous versions seemed to have the issue on all bands, if I remember
correctly.

     I have been successful in resolving my situation by resetting the
database.  I finally discovered what was causing this to happen.  ME.
If I close the PowerSDR window without hitting the power button to
disconnect the radio etc, the next time I start PowerSDR the S-ATT -20
problem re-appears.  Old habits die hard and I keep closing PowerSDR
with the windows X button, and have to reset the database the next time
I start PowerSDR.

Bill KC9XG