[hpsdr] Hermes CW Possible Concern

Tim O'Rourke w4yn at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 3 19:08:07 PST 2013

I switched over from HPSDR system to Hermes a while back, everything after exciter (Penelope or Hermes) is identical. My THP SS Linear will kick out on hive drive power using CW unless I use very low input.
Similar to one of my older rigs where there was an overshoot of power in CW on first key down.
I tried 2 different Hercules amps, does seem like issue is there due to using one of them with original setup.
My be something I am missing, I do plan on digging original system out and seeing if the issue goes away.
Anyone with fast digital storage scope able to measure their Hermes against Original HPSRD setup??
Tim W4YN

Tim O'Rourke
W4YN at ARRL.Net
Low Power Amateur Radio Rocks
Member of Flying Pigs,ARCI,GQRP,RSGB,ARRL Life Member
NHRA Life Member