[hpsdr] gnuradio Hermes updates - 384k support, SSB demo app

Tom McDermott tom.mcdermott4 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 12:55:19 PST 2013

The gnuradio Hermes modules have been updated to add a receiver sampling rate of 384k.
This of course requires that the FPGA have been updated.

Also - the SSB Demo app has been updated to set the audio sample rate to 48k.
Many newer soundcards have dropped support for rates slower than 44.1k.
This has the unfortunate effect of increasing the processor workload since all the
phasing processing now happens at 48k rather than at 8k - but that should only impact
slower CPUs.

If you have an older soundcard that does support slower rates, the demo has a variable
to control the soundcard rate that can easily be changed back to 8k or whatever your card
supports. The demo app automatically sets the decimation factor for the filters based on
  receive sample rate   divided by   soundcard rate.

The module *should* be compatible with Metis - but I've not receive any reports that
indicate it's been tried sucessfully. My understanding is that Metis does not yet have
FPGA support for 384k.

-- Tom, N5EG