[hpsdr] Precise receive frequency measurement

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.com
Sat Mar 9 07:44:22 PST 2013

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 2:19 AM, John Sager <john at sager.me.uk> wrote:

> Brian, thanks for that. I'm seriously thinking of building a GPS-locked
> 10MHz reference anyway - plenty of designs around.

True. OTOH, for the price of a good OCXO (and you want a good OCXO to give
your GPSDO good short-term stability -- don't scrimp here) and the rest of
the parts, you can get a used Trimble Thunderbolt GPSDO. These can be found
on eBay for about $150. I also have an LPRO-101 Rb reference which,
frankly, I use more often than my Trimble Thunderbolt.

The amazing thing is the level of time and frequency accuracy we can take
for granted now, more-or-less as a matter of course.

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.
brian at lloyd.com