[hpsdr] Hermes/Anan 10 Drift?

Mike Monnier w8bac at comcast.net
Thu Mar 14 15:12:39 PDT 2013

"There was a bad value in the Schmidt-trigger squaring circuit for the 10MHz reference input. R141, the emitter resistor of the differential pair, has the wrong value. It should be 50Ξ©, not 100Ξ©. Change that an you won't have any problems with using your external reference.Β "

I see some odd type from time to time on this reflector. In your post (cut and pasted above) you are talking about R 141. A resistor I assume and it should be 50 ohm? Not 100 ohm? Is that right? I am not able to replace an SMT component on a 5 layer board. I'll have to think about this. What is the power rating of R141? I may have to find a SMT tech to do this for me. I have two Anan-10 rigs. They both will need the modification.

Your reply is exactly what I was looking for Brian. Thank You Very Much for your help.

Best Regards,
Mike
www.w8bac.com