[hpsdr] FreeDV

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Sat Mar 23 06:16:41 PDT 2013

Kjell,
     I have used FreeDV with the ANAN-10, PowerSDR mRx 3.0.2 and VAC.

     Here is my complete setup, (YMMV):

     FreeDV menu Tools, Audio Config
            From radio  device: Line 1(Virtual Audio Cable) (2)
            To/Speaker/Headphones Device Speakers(RealkTek Hight
Definit(5).
      FreeDV Menu Tools, PTT.
             VOX PTT Settings : Half Duplex checked.
      FreeDV Menu Tools, Set Callsign.
             Your callsign, location etc

     PowerSDR, Setup, Audio, VAC1
         Check Enable VAC1
         Input: Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)
         Output: Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)

       Set PowerSDR mode to SSB in the main window.
       Reduce PowerSDR drive level to 40%,
       Activate PowerSDR VOX by pressing the VOX button in the main window.

     To transmit from FreeDV, press the FreeDV PTT button.  FreeDV will
output a digital signal.  Adjust PowerSDR Vox Sensitivity to key the
radio as needed.  To unkey, press the FreeDV PTT button again.

Bill KC9XG