[hpsdr] PennyWhistle driving an Ameritron AL-811

Mike Saeger mike at thesaegers.com
Thu May 9 19:34:21 PDT 2013

Has anyone else tried driving an Ameritron AL-811 amplifier using the
PennyWhistle amplifier? I have ruined 6 power MOS FETs trying to do this.

It's weird because my SoftRock can drive my AL-811 to 30 Watts by itself
without damage but as soon as I try the PennyWhistle I blow out its FETs.

Has anyone else had this problem -- and if so what changes did you make to
the AL-811 or PennyWhistle to stop this from happening?

Mike N9MS