[hpsdr] PowerSDR + S-Meter + CAT S-Meter issues

Dick Lichtel dick221z at gmail.com
Wed May 15 15:36:46 PDT 2013

With CAT control set to PowerSDR, PSDR seems to be sending erroneous
values to HRD & Bobmeter. S-meter values  on HRD & Bmeter are S-9+10 for
a signal around   S7. The signal level ( in dBm) reported by HRD does
match that shown by PSDR.

If the CAT control is set to TS-2000, HRD reports a signal strength 1 or
2 db lower than that shown by PSDR.

The other problem is with the value of the signal strength (and S-meter)
shown by PSDR. With no antenna connected, the S-meter shows S1 and
strength is -120dBm. The spectrum display shows the noise floor below
-140dBm. If I hook up a antenna on 10M, the display shows my noise floor
~ -125dBm but PSDR shows an S3 and -106dBm. Tuning in on an actual
signal(like a carrier), the signal strength reported seems to match that
shown in the spectrum.

Dick KD4JP