[hpsdr] external 10MHz reference input

H.A.Meijer meijer.ha at home.nl
Sat May 18 10:26:25 PDT 2013

Hi Brian,
Thanks for sharing your experience concerning the freq jumping of the
internal 10MHz tcxo.
I have done some research for the 10MHz tcxo (FOX924b) that is used and
have come to the conclusion
that is a low-cost one, with not very high
spec'shttp://www.foxonline.com/pdfs/fox924.pdf
<http://www.foxonline.com/pdfs/fox924.pdf>.
So first thing I will try is to replace it with an other one, I think
maybe the CFPT-9301 ( http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/43326.pdf )
It has better temp stability then the FOX924b  and the fase noise spec's
in it's data sheet.

Bert