[hpsdr] ANAN-100D TX Spectrum

amsctalx at comcast.net amsctalx at comcast.net
Tue May 14 09:36:34 PDT 2013

Abhi and all -

I was going to post earlier on this, but have been rather busy...

I checked out the TX spectrum of my 100D (with an Agilent SA) within a couple of days of arrival. I noted that, when using the P*SDR (mRX in my case) test tone generator, that I had to set the tone level generator for proper performance. This meant, in my case, setting the levels to -20dB. This gave me the expected output level, with spurs at least -60dB and often better. Just selecting the test tone button resulted in breath-takingly high spurs and IMD. I also noted that not setting the test-tone level resulted in differing spur severity on different bands. I have also fed the line input with several signal sources, with similar results.

I don't know how Jacques tested, and don't have time to go into my process right now, but between the Agilent, my QS1R and my K3/P3, my 100D looks at least as clean as my K3, on all bands and at full rated output - when properly adjusted.

Mike Alexander - N8MSA