[hpsdr] Intel Atom Board

Aivars Straupe yl2gvc at inbox.lv
Wed May 22 00:35:26 PDT 2013

I had some experience with mobo for our tasks. Some time ago I tried D2800MT and GIGABYTE GA-E350. They both was weak. D2800MT can't handle cuSDR graphic. I could work with low bitrate but without any sign of spectrum and waterfall. GIGABYTE GA-E350N could handle it much better, but still with low bitrates. My thought are, if you want to get small size system, e.g. miniITX, you should go with something like this: ASRock FM2A85X-ITX, A85X and A10 6700 or 6800. May be older 5700 or 5800 as well. But I'm not sure, may be cheaper A8 will handle it as well.  Why AMD? Because they are way cheaper than Intel. And Intel video just sucks(sorry). AMD A10 has CPU and video on one chip,
which will help hold system small sized. I have no possibility to test a huge amount of hardware to find best cheaper hardware for us, which can handle best features of cuSDR and P*SDR. From this there are another question to coders.

 Hermann and Doug! Is it possible to make something like PCmark, but with cuSDR and P*SDR. Because it's possible to go to the shop or ask somebody test exact PC hardware without HPSDR. Best way could be exe file with "one button'' interface.

 73!                                                                                                                                      Aivars.YL2GVC