[hpsdr] HPSDRProgrammer_V2 2.0.3.5 2013-5-29

Bruce Beford bruce.beford at myfairpoint.net
Thu May 30 04:12:00 PDT 2013

Both of these "errors" are caused by your Norton product, not the installer
itself. After you download the installer package, Norton "Analyzes" it, to
determine if it is "safe". While this process is going on, If you try to
start the installer, Windows complains that it can not be opened. Well, no
it can't because Norton is dissecting it to determine if the there are any
nasties in there. Eventually, Norton decides it's not safe and quarantines
it. If you look at the details of the quarantine, you will see it failed due
to "WS.Reputation.1" being present. This just means that not enough people
have downloaded and installed it yet for it to have an established safety
reputation.

At that point, if you just tell Norton to restore the file, it will
re-appear again in your Download folder, and you can install as normal. You
will also help establish the reputation of the file with Symantec (Norton)

GL,
Bruce
N1RX

> I have encountered 2 issues with the  HPSDRProgrammer_V2 2.0.3.5
> 2013-5-29 installer:

> Windows 7 64 bit : This Installation package could not be opened. Verify
> that the packages exists and that you can access it, or contact the
> application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer >
package.