[hpsdr] Ephraim-Malah Noise Suppressor/Speech Enhancement

Helmut, DC6NY dc6ny at gmx.de
Wed Nov 6 13:54:44 PST 2013

Hi Ken,

the most effective noise reduction I ever met is an application of the TI
DSP chip TMS320VC using the envelope of the human speech for filtering.
Originally the design was made for Formula 1 environment. I don't know what
the current patent situation is, but this algorithm is extremely
interesting.

73, Helmut, DC6NY