[hpsdr] 50 Volt 300 watt PA from Russia with IMD3 >= 40 dB

Rod Brink kq6f at comcast.net
Thu Nov 7 13:39:44 PST 2013

Hi Sid -

Am puzzled over your comment below regarding the Russian filters working "as a close of ALEX".  According to the Russian schematic the filter interface is a simple parallel one, whereas the ALEX is an unusual serial I/F involving a shift register.  Have I misinterpreted your meaning?

I surmise that the Russian filters would be driven from the Hermes J16 connector, pins 17-23 and pin 25 for PTT.  Is this correct?

73 de Rod KQ6F

I have the BPF board and Hermes in the ANAN-10 enclosure occupying the
bottom half and front panel of the larger case.
The 300W PA/LPF board occupies the top half of the case and backpanel
which has the power inputs, exhaust fan and the antenna connector.

Everything works with cuSDR64 (TX excepted of course). Both the BPF and
LPF switching work - they work as a clone of ALEX.
I have tried ghpsdr3-alex but it does not support filter switching which
means no RX signals or LPF connected for TX.

I am waiting for Linux support with cuSDR TX and ghpsdr3-alex filter
switching.

Pictures on my QRZ.com page.
73 ... Sid.