[hpsdr] Pre-distortion

Warren C. Pratt warren at wpratt.com
Sat Nov 16 01:56:39 PST 2013

Hi Nige,

The pre-distortion must be turned on by the user to be active -- so,
there is no requirement to use it.  In fact, I expect that many people
will not establish the feedback path that is required to calibrate.
However, it would be interesting to try using it with transverters.  For
it to function correctly with a transverter, the receive down-conversion
path would have to be very linear to provide valid feedback for
calibration.

Also, note that the pre-distortion is "adaptive"; it calibrates to
correct the amplifier in use.  No specific amplifier characteristic is
assumed in the code.

73,
Warren  NR0V