[hpsdr] New SDR chip from Analog

Rodney Durrett radurrett at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 19 22:12:10 PST 2013

Hi Helmut,

Rodney, AK4PR, here.  I have followed the HPSDR for a while and your comments about using TI ADC caught my eye.  I am interested in learning more about DDC / DUC and possibly writing or modifying existing FPGA code to work with GHz range ADCs and DACs.

Is there any transceiver FPGA code that implements DDC / DUC that you could point me too that I might be able to experiment with?  I have a ADC / DAC board connected to a FPGA dev board that would make a good test bed for such experiments. It's not a TI ADC12D1800, but if I got it working on the slower ADC / DAC board, I might step up to a ADC12D1800 board for more experiments.

73s, Rodney, AK4PR