[hpsdr] Angelia & Map65

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Wed Nov 20 14:01:01 PST 2013

While I haven’t used Angelia with MAP65 specifically, I have used both Angelia and a dual-Mercury Atlas-based setup to do polarization diversity on 70cm EME with great success.  Both rigs worked very well in a polarization diversity mode.

The use of polarization diversity makes an adaptive polarization technique unnecessary, as the rig is sensitive to any polarization angle with polarization diversity and, in addition, polarization diversity mode is sensitive to very rapidly changing polarization angles (e.g., emissions from pulsars) to which an adaptive polarization technique would not be sensitive unless you happen to have a super fast adaptive technique.

73, Joe K5SO