[hpsdr] L3 mounting question

John radio at mediacombb.net
Fri Nov 22 12:04:05 PST 2013

Thanks to all that responded to my question on mounting the
modification the capacitors.

I wound L3 per K9IVB's instruction sheet and want to mount it to the
circuit board.  Before winding L3 I tined each end of one of the
wires (tined ends have continuity).

In order to solder it in place to the board, the wires on one end of
the twisted set could be soldered to the2ond and 4th hole in the
board from the top (RF connector) .  This leaves the other set of
twisted wires somewhat longer in order to connect to the 1st and 3rd
hole with the correct phasing.

My question:  Is it OK to route this longer set of wires UNDER the
link (single turn) winding of L3 if they are perpendicular to the
link?  Or is the a better way to connect L3?

Best regards,

John,  WoGN