[hpsdr] Penelope Problem

afghound at roadrunner.com afghound at roadrunner.com
Sat Oct 12 11:22:44 PDT 2013

I have a Penelope with no microphone output.
Tune and two tone testing works fine.
Did some troubleshooting and found that the mic bias
is not there. I need that bias to run a Heil Pro-Set microphone.
The chip data sheet mentions that the mic bias is not on when the
chip is in "standby". Do I have something configured wrong?
I use the space key for PTT and that works correctly.
I can record off the air and re-transmit that recording.
I tried a different microphone but that happens to be a Heil also
so no mic input.
Can someone help, it will be appreciated.
Thanks
Glen  K8CZC