[hpsdr] How do things work?

john clark n0ure at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 12 16:11:45 PDT 2013

I don't know if this is the proper forum for my questions but I'm sure there will be someone who can tell me where to go.
So ---- I using ANAN100D with wsjt-x.  Win 7  i7 3930k 16G
OpenHPSDR mRX-FFT v3.1.5

On the Setup | Audio | VAC1 I am given the Driver options MME, Windows Direct Sound, Windows WDM-SK, and HPSDR (USB/UDP).
I am using VAC 4.13 for my In and Out cables. No sound cards here.

Q1: What difference will selecting different listed drivers make to the VAC streams? Why?

I have Buffer size set to 1024 and Sample Rate set to 48000.
I have a TX & RX filters set at 5000 via DIGU

 WSJT-X v1.2.1 r 3578 lists MOND, Left, Right at the Audio In option and Mono, Left, Right, Both for the Out line setting.
 I have heard some where that Left/Right interleave may occur with 'Both' selected.

Q2: Does Interleave occur? And what selection will work best with HPSDR, and why?

Thanks for the info.

73

John

TI4/N0URE