[hpsdr] Problems programming Mercury and Penny with new firmware.

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Tue Oct 22 03:54:48 PDT 2013

Hi All.

At last I found what the problems installing new firmware in Mercury and
specially in  Penny was. Programming Mercury went through after using the
USB-Blaster but doing the same with Penelope did not work. It seemed as
Penny blocked the communication over the Atlas Bus. Phil, VK6AP suggested
that I should check the I2C jumpers on the Penny card. They were both
installed and when removed, everything worked OK. On Mercury, the two
jumpers were not installed.

I did not know that some of the communication between Metis and
Mercury/Penny over the Atlas Bus was modified. In the description of the
Penelope card, the two jumpers should be installed. I can not remember
anything mentioned on the reflector about this?

I still have problems when trying to use HPSDRBootloader to program
Mercury and Penelope. After loading *_JTAG.rbf, the Erasing Flash reports
timeout, try again? But trying once more does not help.

73, Kjell

--
Sendt med Operas e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/mail/