[hpsdr] Off Topic: Fast Charger for Base Station Batteries - Specifically LiFePO4

John C. Westmoreland, P.E. john at westmorelandengineering.com
Thu Oct 24 18:19:21 PDT 2013

Hello HPSDR'ers,

This is a little off topic but thought it could interest some on this list.

While over at Aivaka discussing the battery charging system and power
distribution
for KHRONOS, I noticed a high power prototype charger on one of the
benches.  It is about the
size of a large cigarette box and is capable of charging a battery like
this:

http://www.all-battery.com/Tenergy12.8V20AhLiFePO4RechargeableBattery-31943.aspx

in approx. 1 hr.

If there would be any interest in developing something specifically for
HPSDR or Ham Radio base station batteries - we could possibly get that into
the design before it goes into production or maybe even make our own custom
charging system.

I was wondering if there is any interest and I will bring it up on
tomorrow's call - but wanted to mention it to the list.  If there are any
questions or comments I can pass that onto Aivaka.

73's,
John
AJ6BC