[hpsdr] I think I need a little help here

Bob Cowdery bob at bobcowdery.plus.com
Fri Oct 25 13:32:19 PDT 2013

I'm trying to update the firmware.

I made a mistake in my haste and selected a mercury rbf when I meant to
select metis rbf. HPSDRProgrammer promptly wrote it and trashed Metis.
My fault.

I then set JP1 and ran the bootloader which thankfully put the right
file on so Metis was now 2.6.
I then tried to program Mercury. At first it just sat there at 0%. Then
I remembered that maybe I had to remove Penny. After that it appeared to
program ok except at the end it sat there saying erasing flash and never
finished.

The situation now is that Metis appears sort of ok. My own software
discovers and reports 2.6 but then fails on a read (this may be me
because I was working with a very old 1.3 up to then and perhaps
something has changed). KISS just gives random noise and reports Metis
2.6 but Mercury and Penny versions as 25.5 which is clearly rubbish.

What have I done wrong?

73 Bob G3UKB