[hpsdr] Interesting rant from a friend

Gary Sitton gasitton at comcast.net
Fri Oct 11 12:40:11 PDT 2013

Brian:

    Your friend is right on in his assessment of the knowledge and
education of today's amateur.
I was fortunate enough to be raised on and educated in both analog and
digital RF techniques.
I was there when the digital revolution, in both computing and signal
processing, happened but
not everyone was that lucky.  I'm putting off my purchase of a 100D
until: 1) I can justify the cost
or pick up a used one cheap, 2) Apache proves itself as a stable
company, and 3) I'm prepared
to really dig in and understand and/or modify the DSP PC software.  I'm
stuck in a very noisy area
and want to implement an adaptive noise cancellation system using the 2
RX on the 100D so that
I may be active in the years to come with this waning sunspot cycle.

73, Gary (K5AMH)