[hpsdr] cuSDR64 Linux Settings?

Berndt Josef Wulf wulf at ping.net.au
Sun Oct 13 19:27:40 PDT 2013

G'day Sid,

you're welcome.

You need special permissions to write to /usr/local/bin, which you
wouldn't have as a normal user. This is likely the reason why cuSDR
can't create the ini files needed to remember it's last state when it
was shutdown.

Just create a bin directory inside your home directory, place the binary
inside, and run it from there. You may also want to remove the
executable from /usr/local/bin as to ensure you run the correct binary.

If this doesn't work, have look through the cuSDR.log file.

AFAIK, the standard location for QT related preference files on *nix
systems is inside /home/<username>/.config/<application>. E.g.
preferences for QtCreator are stored inside /home/wulf/.config/QtCreator

73, Berndt
VK5ABN