[hpsdr] RX1/RX2 CAT command support under PowerSDR mRX

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Tue Oct 22 08:37:16 PDT 2013

Barry,
     The best way to find out if your PowerSDR version supports a
specific CAT command is to try it yourself in PowerSDR and examine the
response.

Here is how to test a Cat Command:
Setup, Cat Control tab.  Pick a comport and then check the "Enable CAT"
check box.  Press the "Test" button to access the "CAT Command Tester"
dialog.

Enter the command you wish to test in the "CAT Command" text box and hit
enter, or press the "Execute" button to send the command to PowerSDR.
The response, will appear in the "CAT Response" text box.

Entering an invalid command into the "CAT Command" text box and hitting
enter results in a "CAT Response" of  "?;"

The "?;"  response indicates the command is not understood, or not
supported.  Send the ZZEM1; command to obtain verbose responses.

Note that CAT commands sent to PowerSDR must be terminated with a
semicolon, but PowerSDR CAT Command Tester will append this for you if
you do not enter it.

Sending ZZLE; returns the value of the RX 2 volume control.  Sending
ZZLE000; sets RX2 volume control to 0.  Sending ZZLE100; sets RX volume
to max.
Sending ZZLF; returns the value of the RX 2 pan control.  Sending
ZZLF000; moves the RX2 pan control to the extreme Left.  Sending
ZZLF100; moves the RX pan control to the extreme right.

HTH,
Bill KC9XG