[hpsdr] My Update For the Week

John C. Westmoreland, P.E. john at westmorelandengineering.com
Fri Apr 18 18:11:07 PDT 2014

HPSDR,

Here's my update for this week.  Not sure what the issue is right now with
the server - but I need to
head to a soft-ball game my daughter is playing in right now:

Hello Dave and Everyone.
Happy Good Friday and Easter to everyone as well.
This week for Themis and Khronos:

I did some Power-Point slides for Scotty's presentation for Hamvention -
about 3 slides I think it
was for Themis and four for Khronos.  Hope you got those OK Scotty.  I did
also post those to
GOOG Apps/Docs and shared them with Phil - that was more of a test just to
make sure that worked just in case it is needed in the future.

Themis - discussed the results from Brilliant Instruments with the Dir Of
Eng of Abracon.  The
results were within +/- 10 ppm as advertised, so all is well.  We talked
about adding the precision
OCXO Abracon has - but, in order to offset NRE, we would have to place a
very large order - so,
for this turn of Themis, I will probably not design in the OCXO from
Abracon.  But, remember, we
still have two options from MTI-Milliren, the 270 and 220, the MicroCrystal
OCXO, and the ONYX-IV
from Wenzel.  I suppose it should be rather easy for someone to shoe horn
in another OXCO if they
really wanted it.

I am in the second round of layout for Themis - I probably will start
changing the bulk of the 0603
passives to 0402's.  That is the next smallest surface mount standard size
for those that may
not know what I am talking about there.

I didn't make as much progress this week as I had planned due to having to
spend a substantial amount of time with the USPTO this week - but that
ended up being a good thing and all is well there.

I am hoping to have a Themis layout soon that is a candidate for fab.

Thanks Everyone, back to you Dave.

So, that was it.  And yes, during the week, I take notes.. ;)

73'a All,
John
AJ6BC