[hpsdr] new version of FPGA for Hermes

Kok Chen chen at w7ay.net
Sat Apr 12 11:08:11 PDT 2014

On Apr 12, 2014, at 9:40 AM, Doug Adams wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a similar error in Metis / Mercury (I'm guessing that if it exists it would be in the Mercury FPGA code but I really don't know).

(I have already responded directly to Doug offline, but perhaps the list likes to know).

Mercury v3.4 appears to simply truncate the integer when it computes the frequency ratio for use to synthesize the NCO.

Hermes adds a rounding fraction before obtaining an integer ratio.  Hermes v2.6 applied the wrong rounding factor, Hermes v2.7 has the correct rounding factor.

73
Chen, W7AY