[hpsdr] Mercury Diversity reception

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sat Apr 19 14:28:20 PDT 2014

Hi Mike,

To use dual Mercury boards you must put a jumper on on J5, second from the bottom, on the Mercury #1 board and two jumpers on J5, second from the bottom and third from the bottom, on Mercury #2.  This will tell the firmware that rx2 is coming from a second Mercury board and not from Mercury #1.

The above configuration is all you need for diversity operation, the receivers will incoherent with respect to each other buth that’s not important for diversity operation unless you with to perform critical phasing operations between them.  If that’s your objective then you should also use a common 122.88 MHz clock for both Mercury boards (one a master and one a slave).  The info on how to do that is on the wiki and on my website too I think.  Also, if you wish I’ll be happy to send you a snapshot of how those are connected for common clock operations if you wish.

73,  Joe K5SO